Outlook - An outlook is provided to those who need considerable lead time to prepare for an event.
Watch - A watch is an event-driven product intended to provide lead time for those who need to set their plans in motion. A watch means that hazardous weather is possible.
Warning - A warning is an event-driven product issued when hazardous weather is imminent or already occurring. Action must be taken to avoid injury and to minimize property damage.
Advisory - An advisory is an event-driven product issued for less hazardous events that pose an inconvenience
STAY TUNED TO LOCAL RADIO AND TELEVISION STATIONS
What to do when a weather warning has been announced, you should:
* Make sure your car has enough gas to get you to a shelter, remember, traffic likely will be very heavy.
* Clear your yard of loose objects, bicycles, lawn ornaments, furniture, garbage cans, etc.
* Secure your boat
* Check your flashlight and radio
* Take down awnings
* Prepare to evacuate as soon as you are asked to
* Refill prescriptions, if your supply is low
* Gather items to take to the shelter in case you have to
* Organize your family and let friends and relatives know you may be evacuated
* Make arrangements for your pet(s)